LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Are you looking for Library management system for your final year project? Library Management System is a software built to handle the primary housekeeping functions of a library. Libraries rely on library management systems to manage asset collections as well as relationships with their members. In this article Library management systems help libraries keep track of the books and their checkouts, as well as members’ subscriptions and profiles. This systems also involve maintaining the database for entering new books and recording books that have been borrowed with their respective due dates.
💡 Always clarify requirements at the beginning of the interview. Be sure to ask questions to find the exact scope of the system that the interviewer has in mind.
We will focus on the following set of requirements while designing the Library Management System:
- Any library member should be able to search books by their title, author, subject category as well by the publication date.
- Each book will have a unique identification number and other details including a rack number which will help to physically locate the book.
- There could be more than one copy of a book, and library members should be able to check-out and reserve any copy. We will call each copy of a book, a book item.
- System should be able to retrieve information like who took a particular book or what are the books checked-out by a specific library member.
- There should be a maximum limit (5) on how many books a member can check-out.
- you can keep maximum limit (10) on how many days a member can keep a book.
- The system should be able to collect fines for books returned after the due date.
- Members should be able to reserve books that are not currently available.
- This system should be able to send notifications whenever the reserved books become available, as well as when the book is not returned within the due date.
- Each book and member card will have a unique barcode. The system will be able to read barcodes from books and members’ library cards.
What is Library management System all About :
Organizing, and managing the library and library-related functions. It also maintains the database-related book and students and staff. It deletes and adds the functions into the database according to books that have been retrieved or issued, with their respective dates. The main aim of this project is to provide an easy-to-handle and automated library management system.
- The welcome page will be there
- You can issue books by the Online Portal
- You will get the option to search for a book online.
- Login portal for a student.
- portal for staff members
- Login portal for administrator
- Colum to request a new book
Software requirement for library management system:
- Java language
- Net beans IDE 7.0.1 or eclipse neon
Functional Requirement of library management system
It will show the First welcome page for your Library management page